The weather has officially cooled down and it is safe to say we are all seeing changes in our skin, both face and body. Not only is our skin influenced by the drop in temperate but also the by dryness from heaters and the constant in-and-out of the cold. All of these factors strip out skin of moisture.
Here are 5 tips to help your skin transition into cooler weather and keep it glowing.
- Drink Water - First and foremost the best thing you can do for your face or body no matter what time of year it is to drink a lot of water. Hydrating is even more important when it’s cold outside. Drink at least 48 oz. a day and up your intake if your skin starts to looks drier than normal.
- Moisturize with Oil - Time to step up your moisture routine and indulge in a luxurious body oil. Not only are body oils ultra hydrating, but many contain therapeutic properties as well. Amayori’s Body Oil features Camilla seed oil as well as Rice Bran Oil which are both prized throughout Japan for their strong antioxidant properties.
- Exfoliate - Get rid of excess flaky skin by exfoliating gently every day. A soft dry brush or Ramie washcloth are both perfect for this purpose. Not only does exfoliating get rid of dead skin but it also allows body oil to be absorbed better.
- Bath Beautifully – Alone, hot water dries you skin so use your bath and shower time more wisely. Sea salts will leave your skin soft and combat any itchiness. Or try a bath oil for an ultra-luxurious experience. Our Five Treasure Bath and Shower Oil is made with coconut oil and will leave your skin silky smooth. It can also be used as a pre-shower massage oil.
- Eat Right - Not only is oil a perfect skincare ingredient when used externally, but consuming foods high in oil like nuts and fish (a perfect time for sushi) will also have a hydrating effect on your skin.
I always like to look on the bright side when it comes to cooler weather – soup, fires, the Holidays, gifts….. When you really think about it, we have so much to look forward to in the next few months.