I have been meditating for quite some time now and frankly, I couldn’t imagine life without it. Meditation is a wonderful way to start the day. Your day will always flow better having had a moment of quiet solitude.
But where to start if you're just approaching the idea of meditating? Welcome to my Meditation Challenge.
Every morning for the next two weeks, spend 10 minutes a day sitting with your eyes shut while breathing deeply. Here’s what to do:
- Find a comfortable posture (a chair or sitting on a pillow is fine too).
- Set your intention.
- Shut your eyes.
- Just breathe.
- Here is the fun part: Use the Home Essence and its corresponding story (found inside each box) as a meditation. Instead of thinking about the day ahead, allow your imagination to journey through fragrance and be transported to a place of beauty and serenity. You can also listen to the corresponding Music Playlist.
- Don’t worry about thoughts that come up. Don’t listen to them, but don’t ignore them either. Let them come and go, and then reconnect with the Home Essence and its story.
- Don’t judge. Don’t label your thoughts or experience as good or bad. Just be.
- Do this for 10 minutes (or more) a day for two weeks and assess how your feel.
There is a saying in Zen Buddhism, “Just sit.” To me, this is a reminder of the beautiful simplicity of meditation and the peace of mind that comes with it.